A. What is netmoney Connect?
netmoney Connect is a secure e-money account + a personalised Visa Chip & Pin card that allow cardholders to transact 24/7 worldwide. It’s a flexible and unique banking solution, key features include:
- ability to add up to 3 people (companions) on your account
- send money worldwide by SMS, phone or online
- call back money already sent to companions
- companions only withdraw what you give them, they dont have access to your account
- view your companions account & all transaction history
- block & unblock cards (including those of your companions)
Sign Up Now
B. What is the difference between primary and companion cards?
The key differences between the two are around what each can or can’t do, as highlighted below:
C. What do I need to do to open an account?
To open a netmoney Connect account, the applicant (primary) must:
- be a UK resident with a UK address where all cards are delivered
- be 18 years or over (companion cardholders must be 13 years or older)
- have access to a debit/credit card to pay for cards online sign up
Click here for a full list of our fees
D. How can I apply for an account?
You can apply either:
E. Do I need to pass a credit check to open an account?
- online, by simply clicking here
No, we don’t conduct any credit checks on you. You don’t need to have a UK bank account either to open a netmoney Connect account.
F. What is the maximum number of cards I can have on my account?
You can have maximum of four (4) cards on your account , these are:
G. Must companion cardholders be UK residents?
- one (1) primary card for yourself (the primary) and,
- up to three (3) companion cards
No – companion cardholders can be living anywhere worldwide. Only the primary account-holder must be a UK resident, with a UK address.
H. What happens after I have opened an account?
As soon as you open an account, you will:
I. When will I receive my card(s) after applying?
- receive a confirmation message on the application page. This will give you a reference, always quote this reference if you contact us.
- receive a confirmation email, with a reference and details on how to contact.
All cards on the account (primary & companion cards) are delivered to the primary’s UK address within 6 to 8 working days of signing up. Please contact us if your cards don’t arrive within this time.
J. Will companion cards be delivered straight to them abroad?
No, companion cards are delivered to the primary account-holder’s UK address. The primary arranges for them to be delivery abroad.
K. Can I start using my card as soon as it arrives?
No. For security reasons all, netmoney Connect cards will not work on arrival. You will need to:
- activate your card and setup your online account
- get your PIN (we don’t send out your PIN by post)
Clear instructions on how to activate your card and get your PIN will come with your card, alternatively Click here to find out how to.
L. How can I activate my card(s)?
Using the access code that comes with your card, you can activate your card by:
M. How do I get a PIN for my card?
- Online – click here and simply follow the instructions
- SMS – send a text message to “57887 (from UK) or to “+447797800035″ (from abroad)”. Send a message like: “prepaid” <space> “activate” <space> “access code (e.g. 123456, comes with your card)” <space> “last 4 card digits”. An example can be: send message “prepaid activate 123456 9978” to “57887 from UK” or “+447797800035 from abroad”. You will get an SMS back confirming your card is active. You now need to get your PIN.
- Customer service or automated phone – call 01223 790697
Getting your PIN is easy. Using the access code on the letter that comes with your card, you can get your their PIN by:
- SMS – send a text message to “57887 from UK or+447797800035 from abroad”. Send a text like: “prepaid” <space> “PIN” <space> “access code (e.g. 123456)” <space> “last 4 card digits”. An example can be: send message like “prepaid pin 123456 9978” to “57887 from UK” or “+447797800035 from abroad”. You will get an SMS back with your PIN, to the mobile number we hold on your account.
- Ringing our UK customer service – ringing 01223 790697 & selecting option 2. Your PIN will be sent out to you by SMS, to the mobile number we hold on your account.
- Automated telephone service – ringing 01223 790697 & selecting option 1 and following simple steps.
N. Can I change my PIN?
Yes, both primary & companion cardholders can change their PIN to that of their choice, any time. You can do this from any Visa ATM with a PIN service facility, worldwide.
O. Can a primary activate a card & get a PIN on behalf of the companion?
Yes, as long as the companion agrees to this & give them all the required details. The primary needs to ensure that the card has been received abroad by the companion before doing this.